Monday, December 26, 2011

End of Month Review

Despite holiday busyness, we did check out many more library books after the first week of December.  We were not so good at reviewing them, but I did ask the kids to pick out their favorites from our stack before we made a big return to the library this morning.


Big Sister's favorites included:

Twelve Dancing Princesses 
Retold and illustrated by Brigette Barrager
She and I both loved the pictures and took our time enjoying each page.

Ten Big Toes and a Prince's Nose
Written by Nancy Gow and Illustrated by Stephen Costanza
This is a great fairytale about loving oneself and others as we are.


The Very Smart Pea and the Princess-to-Be
Written and illustrated by Mini Grey
We've read this before and enjoyed it a second time as well.  Fun spin on a classic.

Follow the Line Through the House
Written and Illustrated by Laura Ljungkvist
Everyone in the family enjoyed this one, and we look forward to checking out the other Follow the Line stories soon.





Felicity Floo Visits the Zoo
Written and illustrated by E.S. Redmond
Very funny, and I imagine it could be helpful to the parent needing to teach a child about germs and hand washing.

Princess Pig
Written by Eileen Spinelli and Illustrated by Tim Bowers
Another good tale about being happy to be you.

Little Brother's favorites included:

The Tub People
Written by Pam Conrad and Illustrated by Richard Egielski
Lovely pictures and happy story.

Max
Written and illustrated by Bob Graham
Superhero parents have a son who doesn't seem to have inherited the ability to fly.  Little brother was all over this one and Mom liked it just as much.
 
Follow the Line Through the House
Written and Illustrated by Laura Ljungkvist
As mentioned in Big Sister's list, this was our most popular book.  Little Brother spent the most time with it, tracing the line that runs through the entire book and shapes the illustrations of each page.  It was a great change from I Spy and Where's Waldo.  Definitely a book worth buying.



Dinosailors
Written by Deb Lund and Illustrated by Howard Fine
Dinosaurs?  Pirates?  Little Brother didn't need to know anything else.  Mom thought it would have been more enjoyable if she knew something about sailing lingo.

*****

If I'm really good, and if Baby Brother takes a nap, I will post our Christmas picture book reads from this month.  Check back soon!


1 comment:

Hannah said...

We went to a new Library today just to check it out. I wish I had looked at your blog before we went because there are SO many books and I just stood there overwhelmed. We came home with a few but I will be sure to look here before we go back to the Library.